Saturday, October 6, 2012

DRIES Vs BH FOR AHD...

In addition to art and food, another love of mine, trawling close behind... is fashion. From all of the fashion weeks gone, and images from shows I've excitedly trawled through, DRIES VAN NOTEN SPRING 2013 RTW, remains my absolute favourite. I can't however put my finger on exactly what it was that made me swoon. Perhaps it's was his pairing of masculine against feminine? His subtle nod to the 90s? The glorious dynamic between pattern and cloth? His playful plaid play? OR quite simply those stark white Kurt Cobain-esque sunglasses together with that perfect-pout? What I do know is, for me, it made the ultimate moving cloth collage.  

So in honor of his spectacular effort, I thought it might be fun to pair DRIES with AHD ARTIST BETH HOECKEL. Two of my favourite 'collage artists' side-by-side.


Images via STYLE.COM and BETH HOECKEL FOR AHD

1 comment: